(No Fear No Enmity)
WEBINAR SERIES AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS 2021
By Maritime Sikh Society
Maritime Sikh Society is organizing a series of ‘Nirbhao Nirvair’ webinars and panel discussions, starting in April 2021. The woke Sikhs from all over the world are invited to join!
These webinars are our effort:
1. To start an open, fearless (Nirbhao) and inclusive (Nirvair) dialogue among all sections of Sikhs throughout the world with the purpose of bringing the discussion about the ‘Social, political and religious identity of the Sikhs, the challenges faced, and its contribution internally towards self-growth, and to the world’ that is limited to the intellectual circles so far, to masses, in a simple, easily understandable and practical language.
2. To Identify all areas of Sikh psychology and sociology that hold us back despite the comprehensive and visionary leadership guidelines provided by our guru.
3. To critically analyse and develop a comprehensive understanding of the challenges, list and document, in a simple language, easily transmitted to and understood by the masses.
4. To create a comprehensive master list of all issues identified by the sangat in the discussions.
5. Discuss and dissect all issues one by one.
6. Suggest practical, implementable solutions and the steps including collaboration between various Sikh organisations to achieve the implementation of solutions.
7. Last but not the least, effectively communicate with Sikh sangat to involve and bring everyone to on the same table by developing a middle ground to unify all factions by taking directions from Guru.
It is a challenging task, but we are guru’s sikhs, so born to face challenges!
We are certain guru will give us strength, determination, perseverance and persistence to successfully pursue the impossible task.
We hope that this discussion will create a small ripple in sikh world leading to many more with the ultimate purpose of doing guru’s service through community awareness, education and motivation.
Webinars will be conducted in Punjabi but, to include the panelists who are not fluent in Punjabi, use of English is allowed.
Structure and Rules
1. Webinars will invite panelists from diverse ideologies (extreme, moderate, spiritual, ritual) sections (Amritdhari, sehajdhari) factions (various political ideologies).
2. Everyone is expected to express their views with as much ideological strength as they can in a very civil language, without pointing fingers at others and always remembering the higher purpose.
3. Respect and restraint towards opposite views by remembering:
-we all share this earth as co habitants,
-we all share guru’s Ashirwad by virtue of birth or belief,
-we need to show same respect to others that we expect for ourselves,
-we have a bigger responsibility to grow as a community, to transmit guru’s message to future generations, to use guru’s message to help and to spread HIS word.